Vellum Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
A copy of our aftercare for tattoos can be downloaded here.
- Please leave the dressing on until the following morning. We advise that you remove it as soon as you can on waking up, preferably in the shower.
- Before touching your new tattoo, PLEASE ENSURE YOUR HANDS ARE CLEAN! You must wash your hands in warm water with liquid soap. Dry them thoroughly using a clean towel or paper towel. This will reduce the risk of infection.
- Keeping your tattoo clean is the most important part of aftercare. PLEASE WASH YOUR TATTOO 3 TIMES A DAY.
- It is recommended that you wear clean loose clothing over your tattoo whilst healing. After a couple of days, your tattoo will develop a light scab. Leave it alone!
During your healing process, if your tattoo begins to feel tight or uncomfortable, continue to wash it and apply a SMALL amount of ointment to relieve it. You must always wash your tattoo and your hands before applying the ointment. I recommend using a very mild moisturiser such as ORIGINAL E45 Cream
- DO NOT pick or scratch your tattoo. Picking scabs removes ink and could cause infection.
- DO NOT re-bandage the tattoo whilst healing.
- DO NOT soak the tattoo whilst healing. (A quick wash or shower is enough).
- NO Animal Hair
- NO Dusty Environments
- NO Swimming
- NO Saunas
- NO Exposure to direct sunlight during the healing process.
SIGNS OF INFECTION:
- Swelling and redness that increases around the wound.
- A severe and increasing burning and throbbing sensation around the site.
- Increasing tenderness or increasingly painful to touch.
Please contact us immediately or seek medical attention if you suffer from any of the above or have any concerns regarding infection in your tattoo.
IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS PLEASE CONTACT US
E-MAIL – Contact_us@vellumtattoo.co.uk
FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM - @VELLUMTATTOO